Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's Not Always About Me

Tuesday

It’s Not Always All about Me

Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior…………….


I am not trying to say that I’m perfect and never make mistakes, I know I mess up all the time.  What I’m trying to say is that when someone comes at me with hurtful behavior, actions and words that hurt me deeply……….I believe it’s safe to say that their actions are a cry for help, rather, than a definitive attack on me.  

So how do I handle the situation?  Rather than reacting, I try to respond after careful thought.  I do my best to figure out the ideal way to extend God’s grace rather than my pained reactionary feelings.

It’s not always easy, but, it is the right thing to do. I only wish others would do the same for me.  Because my friend, when I am the one ranting and raving at someone else……..well, then I guess it IS all about me.




Dear Lord, help me to be patient with others when they treat me badly, help me to respond with your love rather than my anger.  Please, help me to always look my own issues before I lash out at others.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment