Saturday, February 2, 2013

God's Plan for your Life

Thursday

God’s Plan for Your Life

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.     1 Thessalonians 5:18

God has a plan for your life.  Are you fighting against it?  Are you working against the grain of God’s obvious path for you?  It may not be glamorous or exciting, but it is serving its purpose.  Maybe your only purpose is to be a good spouse, or sister, brother, employee, student, or maybe parent. 

Many people say “If only”………I was skinnier.  I had more money.  My spouse and I got along better.  My kids were smarter.  I had a bigger house.  My parents helped me.  I had a better job.  I was prettier.  I was healthier.  I had a college degree.  My spouse cooked better.

This is what I say to you:  Having those things will not make you happier or more content.  Happiness and contentment is a state of mind, a change in attitude, rather than a change in job, house, spouse, income level or dress size.  Skinny people commit suicide.   Rich people get divorced…….and yet very sick people can see the bright side of life and uneducated people change the world.  

Obviously, some things would make everything easier, for example making more money.  But, maybe, just maybe - having less money is teaching you something that God wants you to know.  Or maybe, the lesson is purely for your kids.  So, if you are accepting of everything in your life instead of trying to fix it all, it really changes your perspective on day to day life.  It makes you satisfied rather than anxious. 

Try being content right where you are in life.  Listen to God’s plan for your life and “in all things give thanks.”

Dear Lord, thank you for directing my life in the way You want it to go.  Help me to be content in everything you have given me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment